The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) made this known on its official website on Sunday morning.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the new infections indicate a decrease from the 132 cases recorded on Friday.
The NCDC, however, said there with no COVID-19 related death arising from the new cases.
It stated that six patients who had recovered from the disease were discharged from isolation centres.
According to the NCDC, till date 169,329 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed nationwide, 164,672 patients discharged and 2,126 deaths recorded.
The agency said the 123 new cases were recorded in seven states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), with Lagos having 70; Akwa Ibom18; Ogun 10; Oyo 8; Rivers 8; Ekiti 4; FCT 4 and Bayelsa 1.
The NCDC noted that a total of 2.36 million tests had been carried out as of July 16, compared to 2.32 million tests a day earlier.
The NCDC added that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 2, is coordinating national response activities.
The public health institution said that COVID-19 active cases stood at more than 2,000.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections