The Commissioner of Police in Kwara State, Cp Kayode Egbetokun, on Sunday warned the people of the state to avoid any attempt to violate the movement restrictions order imposed in the state.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Egbetokun stated this when speaking with journalists in Ilorin. He emphasised that massive arrest of offenders will begin tomorrow (Monday) across the state stressing that mobile courts shall prosecute and convict culprits immediately.
He noted that security agents are ready to work in collaboration with the state government to ensure strict compliance of the order by residents.
“We have reviewed strategies towards ensuring enforcement of the law. Lockdown is not to punish the people, rather, it was put in place to protect the entire society from the spread of COVID-19.
“People are taking undue advantages of our leniency but with this new strategies, we ready to ensure that Kwarans cooperate with government, COVID-19 committee and law enforcement agencies.
“The wellbeing of the people is paramount, mobile courts are already in place to ensure prosecution of violators”, he said.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award