Gov. Ben Ayade of Cross River says the state will require N5 billion to repair the Calabar International Conference Centre (CICC) vandalised by hoodlums.
Ayade made this known on Monday, while reaffirming the curfew imposed on Calabar and its environs.
The hoodlums had on Friday and Saturday took advantage of the #ENDSARS protests and looted items in the centre after they vandalised it.
“It will take the state government N5 billion to bring back the Calabar International Conference Centre, the beauty of Cross River State.
“This is not the Cross River that I was born into; it is unlike us,’’ the governor said.
Ayade said that the action would have negative impact on the progress of the state’s industrialisation efforts aimed at jobs creation.
ROYAL NEWS reports that police and other security agencies deployed to the town had started raiding the suspected criminal hideouts with a view to recover the looted items.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)