The FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Bello has ordered the arrest and prosecution of the people who break the FCT warehouse in Gwagwalada Area Council and looted the food items in the store.
Bello gave the order during an emergency security meeting with leaders of various security agencies in the city, on Monday in Abuja.
The minister, who asked those who looted the food items to return them immediately, disclosed that
there would be massive deployments of security agencies to safeguard factories and warehouses in Idu Industrial District of the city.
”What is going on is was no longer #EndSARS protest but broad day stealing by hoodlums,” he said.
On her part, The FCT Minister of State, Dr Ramatu Aliyu condemned the looting in strong terms.
Aliyu said no nation could survive without a food reserve which are being looted across the country.
She called on Council chairmen and Royal fathers to reach out to opinion molders unite the people against looters.
Royal fathers who spoke called for decisive actions to be taken against those looting across the city.
They said hoodlums are beginning to enter markets shops and personal business premises.
Present at the meeting are the Permanent Secretary, FCTA, Mr Olusade Adesola, FCT Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, Brigade commander, Chief of Staff to the minister amongst others.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends