The FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Bello has ordered the arrest and prosecution of the people who break the FCT warehouse in Gwagwalada Area Council and looted the food items in the store.
Bello gave the order during an emergency security meeting with leaders of various security agencies in the city, on Monday in Abuja.
The minister, who asked those who looted the food items to return them immediately, disclosed that
there would be massive deployments of security agencies to safeguard factories and warehouses in Idu Industrial District of the city.
”What is going on is was no longer #EndSARS protest but broad day stealing by hoodlums,” he said.
On her part, The FCT Minister of State, Dr Ramatu Aliyu condemned the looting in strong terms.
Aliyu said no nation could survive without a food reserve which are being looted across the country.
She called on Council chairmen and Royal fathers to reach out to opinion molders unite the people against looters.
Royal fathers who spoke called for decisive actions to be taken against those looting across the city.
They said hoodlums are beginning to enter markets shops and personal business premises.
Present at the meeting are the Permanent Secretary, FCTA, Mr Olusade Adesola, FCT Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, Brigade commander, Chief of Staff to the minister amongst others.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)