The Ministers of Defence Maj. Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd), has urged the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, to join the vanguard of the ending the youths protests in the state.
Magashi made the appeal when he paid the Emir a courtesy visit in his palace in company of the Minister of State for Agriculture and Rural Development, Alhaji Muhammad Sabo Nanono.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the visit was in continuation of efforts to stop resurgence of youths protest in Kano state aimed at complimenting the efforts of the state government in achieving lasting peace in their area of responsibility as Chief Security Officer.
The Ministers who described the monarch as a peace loving Nigerian and a resourceful peacemaker appealed to him to throw his weight behind the current efforts of President Buhari and Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje to achieve enduring peace in the state.
The ministers both observed that traditional institutions offer a wide range of network to reach out to a large percentage of youths who should be advised to toe the paths of peace and prosperity by taking advantage of the entrepreneurial programmes of the present administration to have a secured future.
They also identified the roles of Village, District and Community Heads as well as chieftaincy title holders under the umbrella of the command and control structures of the Emir to leverage and spread messages of peace to youths in a bid to shun acts capable of threatening the sanctity of the nation.
In his response, the Emir of thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for the home coming of the Ministers on a mission to play critical roles in the peace building and peace sustaining process aimed at redirecting the footsteps of the teeming youths to key into profitable ventures.
While assuring them of his cooperation and collaboration to end the regime of youths protests that have engendered unfortunate repercussions for national interest, Alhaji Ado Bayero said his doors are open for regular consultations and counsels.
He however prayed for peace, progress and prosperity of the nation and Kano state and prayed for an end to the global pandemic of COVID-19
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people