The Minister of Defence Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) is promoting Military Diplomatic ties between the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Iranian Armed Forces for mutual benefits to both countries.
A statement issued by the Minister’s spokesman,
Mohammed AbdulKadir revealed that the Minister had interface with the Iranian Ambassador to Nigeria, Mohammed Alibak, in Abuja on Wednesday.
Magashi told the visiting envoy that it is in time like this when Nigerian Military is decimating multiple threats to national territorial integrity that the genuine allies of the country will be known through their various supports.
He also appreciated the proposals for improved military diplomatic ties between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Islamic Republic of Iran alluded to a common saying that a “friend in need, is a friend indeed”
Magashi also told the envoy to come up with implementable templates for considerations with a view to driving a new vision that will emplace robust engagements between the Armed Forces of the two countries.
Mohammed Albak who was accompanied by the Political Adviser Mostafa Majdara thanked the Minister for providing strategic direction that will fine tune strategy and synergy inline of new partnership with Nigeria.
He therefore promised to key into the new plans that will attract a win – win outcomes including visitation to Iran by the Nigerian delegation for on – the – spot assessments of the fighting equipment that the country is offering Nigeria on Government- to – Government business basis.
In another development, the Minister also inaugurated committee to plan the hosting of the 6th edition of the Nigeria- South Africa Defence Forum (DEFCOM) coming up from 19th to 21st October this year.
The term of reference for members of the committee drawn from the Tri- Services and Military Institutions is to draw up actionable programmes for the successful hosting of the event.
The Nigeria- South Africa Defence Forum which dates back to 2015 is in furtherance of the signed 2013 Memorandum of Understanding, MoU.
It has the sole aim of promoting Civil – Military relations and formulating procedures for military cooperation between their respective armed forces.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide