National Sports Festival, tagged Edo 2020 has been postponed indefinitely, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The Minister of Sports, Mr Sunday Dare, announced this at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.
He said the postponement was due to the Coronavirus pandemic, adding the decision was arrived at after “close consultations with the Ministry of Health”.
Dare visited Buhari with the Minister of State, Health, Senator Olorunimbe Mamora.
He said over 11,000 athletes were expected to participate in the 20th sports festival, noting that it was safer to be on the side of caution than take the risk of proceeding with the event.
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants