National Sports Festival, tagged Edo 2020 has been postponed indefinitely, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The Minister of Sports, Mr Sunday Dare, announced this at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.
He said the postponement was due to the Coronavirus pandemic, adding the decision was arrived at after “close consultations with the Ministry of Health”.
Dare visited Buhari with the Minister of State, Health, Senator Olorunimbe Mamora.
He said over 11,000 athletes were expected to participate in the 20th sports festival, noting that it was safer to be on the side of caution than take the risk of proceeding with the event.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC