The newly appointed Kwara State Commissioner for Energy, Engr. Abdulazeez Kola Abdulganiy has assured that there would be maximum growth in the energy sector of the State.
Engr. Abdulganiy gave this assurance at the maiden meeting held in his office with the management and staff of the Ministry.
The Commissioner reiterated his commitment and readiness to fully actualise the vision of the State Government, under the leadership of the Governor, Mallam AbdulRazaq AbdulRahman, to provide electricity to all the communities in Kwara State in order to accelerate socio-economic development.
He said this vision has now become much easier to achieve with the recent signing of the 2023 Electricity Bill into law by President Bola Tinubu, which has now placed the energy sector in the concurrent list for both the State and the Federal Government to fully participate.
While noting that Governor AbdulRazaq AbdulRahman is a passionate leader, Engr. Abdulganiy reassured that the State Government will ensure that all nooks and crannies of the State are provided with electricity by distributing transformers and other electrical materials where needed.
The Commissioner thereby implored the management and staff of the Ministry to work efficiently and effectively to enable this administration achieve a greater success.
Also speaking, the newly deployed Permanent Secretary, Hajia Habibat Saidu Salman, assured the Commissioner of the maximum support and cooporation of the entire staff.
Present at the meeting are the Director, Personnel, Finance and Supply, Alhaji Hassan Taiye Afodun; the Director, Electrical Engineering, Engr. Anthony Alaago; and the Controller of Finance and Account, Mallam Idris Hakeem among others.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin