Ifeanyi Dike, the 23-year-old student of the University of Port Harcourt, who killed his neighbour’s eight-year-old daughter for ritual recently was reportedly arrested in Plateau state days after he escaped from detention in Rivers state and was declared wanted by the Nigeria Police Force.
He had been arrested for killing Victory Chikamso Mezu and removing her body parts for ritual. He had been paraded by the Rivers police command before he suddenly disappeared, causing massive protest and arrest of Sergeant Johnbosco Okorinize, an officer.
The declaration after the suspect escaped from detention. Credit: Nigeria Police Force The news has reportedly resulted in jubilation at the Rivers police headquarters. NAIJ.com earlier reported that the Rivers state police command was battling to crack the puzzle concerning how Ifeanyichukwu Dike escaped from detention.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC