Ifeanyi Dike, the 23-year-old student of the University of Port Harcourt, who killed his neighbour’s eight-year-old daughter for ritual recently was reportedly arrested in Plateau state days after he escaped from detention in Rivers state and was declared wanted by the Nigeria Police Force.
He had been arrested for killing Victory Chikamso Mezu and removing her body parts for ritual. He had been paraded by the Rivers police command before he suddenly disappeared, causing massive protest and arrest of Sergeant Johnbosco Okorinize, an officer.
The declaration after the suspect escaped from detention. Credit: Nigeria Police Force The news has reportedly resulted in jubilation at the Rivers police headquarters. NAIJ.com earlier reported that the Rivers state police command was battling to crack the puzzle concerning how Ifeanyichukwu Dike escaped from detention.
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs