Indigenes of Iwoland on Tuesday took over the streets of the town to protest against the plot to remove of the paramount ruler of the ancient town, Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Women and hosts of other subjects were sighted on the streets in solidarity for their king. They said: “Oba Akanbi is not vacating the throne”.
The monarch was accused by his chiefs (knows as kingmakers) of misconducts, that he has brought disgrace to the traditional stool.
Watch the videos:
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS