By Arowona Abdulazeez
Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State on Tuesday commiserated with Governor AbdulRauf Aregbesola, people of Osun State, Ede Community and Adeleke family over the demise of the pioneer governor of the state, Senator Isiaka Adeleke.
Ahmed who described the exit of the politician as sudden and painful said the deceased has contributed immensely to the uplift of Osun State and its people particularly the downtrodden.
He said: “Late Adeleke was a likeable personality who has contributed a lot to the socio-economic and political developments of his state and the nation. No doubt, this sudden departure will create a vacuum in the political landscape in the country for some time to come. He will be greatly missed for what he stood for, particularly as a notable philanthropist.”
The governor therefore prayed for his peaceful repose and his family the fortitude to bear the irreparable lost.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List