Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed, has solicited support of the Federal Government in areas of Solid Minerals Development and Tourism to increase the state’s revenue base.
Governor Ahmed made this request in Ilorin when he received members of the Presidential Committee on Revenue Mobilisation for Natural Resources and Ecological Fund (RMFAC) led by Dr Rafiq Ogunbambi in his office.
The governor, who commended the federal government for its supporting windows to sub-nationals, described the FG’s interventions in solid minerals and ecological fund as a welcome development.
Dr Ahmed also called on the federal government to come to the assistance of the state in addressing its environmental challenges, stating that the state would be exceptionally willing to build a stronger partnership with the Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Allocation Commission to take advantage of various opportunities with a view to improving the state economy.
The governor promised that the state government would leave no stone unturned in opening up opportunities in the tourism sector in order to boost the economy of the areas and the state in general.
Earlier in his remarks, the Team Leader, Presidential Committee on Revenue Mobilization for Natural Resources and Ecological Fund, Dr Rafiq Ogunbambi, told the governor that the team was in the state to assess critical areas that pose challenges to the state government.
Dr Ogunbambi expressed concern over environmental challenges in Kilanko area of Ilorin, calling on the government to relocate inhabitants of the flood prone areas ahead of the next raining season to avert disaster.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants