Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed, has solicited support of the Federal Government in areas of Solid Minerals Development and Tourism to increase the state’s revenue base.
Governor Ahmed made this request in Ilorin when he received members of the Presidential Committee on Revenue Mobilisation for Natural Resources and Ecological Fund (RMFAC) led by Dr Rafiq Ogunbambi in his office.
The governor, who commended the federal government for its supporting windows to sub-nationals, described the FG’s interventions in solid minerals and ecological fund as a welcome development.
Dr Ahmed also called on the federal government to come to the assistance of the state in addressing its environmental challenges, stating that the state would be exceptionally willing to build a stronger partnership with the Revenue Mobilization and Fiscal Allocation Commission to take advantage of various opportunities with a view to improving the state economy.
The governor promised that the state government would leave no stone unturned in opening up opportunities in the tourism sector in order to boost the economy of the areas and the state in general.
Earlier in his remarks, the Team Leader, Presidential Committee on Revenue Mobilization for Natural Resources and Ecological Fund, Dr Rafiq Ogunbambi, told the governor that the team was in the state to assess critical areas that pose challenges to the state government.
Dr Ogunbambi expressed concern over environmental challenges in Kilanko area of Ilorin, calling on the government to relocate inhabitants of the flood prone areas ahead of the next raining season to avert disaster.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide