The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, will on Friday 6th May 2022 formally turban Dr. Usman Abubakar Jos as the 12th Balogun Alanamu of Ilorin.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Emir’s spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, on Tuesday.
According to him, “The new Balogun will be installed at the Emir’s Palace at 10am.
“Dr. Usman, a senior lecturer at the University of Ilorin succeeds his late father, Alhaji Abubakar Jos, who died on 4th June 2022 at the age of 97.”
The statement however enjoined sons and daughters of Emirate to be part of the historic event in line with the culture and tradition of the ancient city.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari prayed Allah to grant the new Balogun Alanamu long reign on the throne as of the senior counsellors and kingmakers in the Ilorin Emirate.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year