The revised budget is 27% larger (N50,238,596,196.00) than the approved 2023 budget earlier approved by the House, according to a statement issued by Mrs. Bolanle Olukoju,the Commissioner for Communications in the state.
The approval followed a submission from the Commissioner for Planning and Economic Development, Hon. Lafia Aliyu Kora Sabi who said that a service-wide and bottom-up process for the revised budget started since June 2023 — followed by thorough deliberations and reviews of submissions from the Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Government (MDAs) by the Central Budget Committee (CBC).
“The pertinent factor governing the selection of projects for execution in the remaining part of the year is the emphasis placed on capital projects that are critical to stimulate the economic activities in the state for inclusive growth and development,” Sabi told the council, adding that special considerations have been made to boost economic activities and improve the living standard of the people.
The cabinet, among other government processes, also approved for Star Sewing Machine Limited, an International firm, to manage the State’s Garment Factory following a long-drawn bidding process involving open tendering in line with relevant laws.
Held on Friday evening, the council meeting was chaired by the Governor, Mal. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq attended by Deputy Governor Kayode Alabi, Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji AbdulKadir Mahe; and all the Commissioners.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban