Kwara State Universal Basic Education Board has concluded an arrangement to start issuing letters of promotion to its deserving teaching and non-teaching staff (2017 and 2018 categories) in the state, a statement has said.
The Board Chairman, Professor Raheem Shehu Adaramaja, disclosed this in a statement issued by the Press Secretary of the agency, Aminat Abiola Atere.
The Board had in August conducted promotion exams and oral interviews for the deserving workers, who are accumulated from 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, following the approval of Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq.
The statement quoted Adaramaja as saying that the SUBEB’s workers who fall within the year 2019 and 2020 promotion and had successfully partaken in the last promotion exercise would get their own letters as soon as possible.
It further said that the gesture forms part of Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq’s package to motivate higher productivity of the workforce.
“The government is taking every step within available resources to encourage the best performance of students in public schools, which is partly achievable when their teachers are well taken care of,” Adaramaja said.
He also appealed to all and sundry to continue to support the government in its bid to heighten the standard of education in basic classes, adding that the ongoing construction of over 600 schools across the state is part of the restoration mission of Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq.
Affected officers are expected to receive their letters from Education Secretaries in their respective local governments, according to the statement.
The Chairman therefore directed the Education Secretaries across the 16 LGEAs to forward to the Board copies of the compiled details of another set of workers in preparation for the 2021 promotion exercise.
In addition, all teaching and non teaching staff of SUBEB from GL.7 and above will also benefit from the consequential adjustment approved by His Excellency Mallam Abdulrahman AbdulRazaq effective from January, 2022 salary.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules