The Youth Wing of the Peoples Democratic Party, Kwara State Chapter received with heavy heart, the killing of three promising young men in Edu LGA by the Nigerian Army under the instructions of the Senator representing Kwara North Senatorial District, Alh Mohammed Sha’aba Lafiagi.
It’s very unfortunate that the Nigerian Army whose constitutional responsibilities are to protect lives and property and defend the territorial integrity of Nigeria against external aggression, allows itself to be used by a civilian to kill and maim those he derived power from to become a Senator.
This gross abuse of power is not only barbaric, undemocratic, irresponsible, condemnable and unacceptable, but has further exposed the desperation of the APC led Kwara State government to forcibly perpetrate itself in power despite its inability to deliver democratic dividends to Kwarans.
At this juncture, while we urge our teeming party members and supporters to eschew violence and be law abiding, no matter the level of provocation and intimidation, we therefore, call on the security agencies to forestall further killings of innocent citizens, investigate the immediate and remote causes of this dastardly act and bring the perpetrators to book.
The ambition of any individual or group is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.
Furthermore, we call on all our members in the five LGAs of Kwara North Senatorial District to immediately commence the recall process of Sen Mohammed Sha’aba Lafiagi.
Finally, while we pray that the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace, may the Almighty Allah grant their families the fortitude to bear the irreparable losses.
Prince Haliru Dantsoho Mahmud
State Youth Leader,
Peoples Democratic Party,
Kwara State Chapter.
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku
- Court stops PDP from suspending Wike
- Katsina rally: Tinubu gives reason for ‘low key’ campaign
- APC will win 2023 election– Fashola
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote