The governor while signing the bill at Government House Jos, said it was part of his administration’s commitment to the good of Plateau people.
“ This is our adminstration’s last budget and we promise that we will to do our best for the people. We remain committed to its implementation,” he said.
He thanked the Plateau House of Assembly (PLHA) for their inputs in the budget and prayed for resources for its implementation.
He also thanked the judiciary for their support in his administration’s discharge of duties, while urging them to extend such goodwill to the incoming administration.
Speaking earlier, Mr Dan-Philips Hirkop, Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning, said that the appropriation bill presented to PLHA in November was ₦139billion, but was increased to handle some critical issues.
“The budget proposal was ₦139 billion but the house after its deliberations, was able to come out with some critical issues with logistics for an effective transition.
“Other issues also include the current exercise of replacement and recruitment in tertiary institutions, the health sector and others to make provisions, bringing it to ₦149 billion instead of ₦139 billion,” he said .
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the bill was christened “ Budget of Infrastructural Consolidation and Transition.”
NAN also reports that N84.1billion was earmarked for recurrent expenditure, while N65.7 billion would be for capital spending.
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director