N’golo Kante has distanced himself from suggestions from fans that he should be nominated for this year’s Ballon d’Or.
The Frenchman was instrumental as Chelsea ended the 2020/2021 season as Champions of Europe. He was everywhere on the pitch against Manchester City.
The Former Leicester City Midfielder won the man of the match award in the second leg of the Knockout round against Atletico Madrid. He won the man of the match award in both legs of the Semi-final clash with Real Madrid. He also won the award in the Final against Manchester City at Estadio do Dragao Stadium in Porto.
Ngolo Kante is now being tipped by many as an early contender to win the Ballon d’Or later this year.
According to the report from Metro Sport, he said:
“The man of the match award is secondary. The main thing is the work of the whole group. It is pride and joy. We fought to qualify for the Final and we have received the reward for our hard work”
He was asked if he could potentially be nominated for the Ballon d’or this year. He replied:
“No, for the moment, we are savouring the UEFA Champions League trophy. I will join with France’s squad soon for the European Championship. I hope to win that as well”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections