The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, has ordered uninterrupted patrols around schools in the nation’s capital after the rising of insecurity in Nigeria.
The spokesperson for the FCT Police Command, Mariam Yusuf, confirmed this to the ICIR, saying that the order was contained in a statement released by the FCT Police Command on Wednesday, debunking earlier claims that bandits had attacked the University of Abuja.
“The FCT Police Command wishes to expose the viral message in some sections of the online media implying that criminals have assaulted the University of Abuja,” she said.
“But the Command wishes to state that there is no record of such incident as at 2200hrs of Tuesday, 27th April 2021,” she noted.
She urged public members to disregard the rumors she described as ‘mischievous’ and intending to create tension among residents of the FCT.
She urges residents to stay calm and law-abiding and to verify any information received to avoid panic.
Reaffirming the determined resolve of the Police towards the security of lives and property, she encouraged residents to report all crises or suspicious movement through phone numbers published in the statement.
“The Command implores residents to report all suspicious movements, emergency or distress, through these numbers: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653, 08028940883 and to report the conduct of Police Officers, call the Public Complaint Bureau (PCB) number: 09022222352,” she said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport