The Nigerian film industry is mourning the death of veteran Yoruba actress, Folake Aremu, popularly known as Orisabunmi.
Her death was confirmed by the President of the Theatre Arts And Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria (TAMPAN) Bolaji Amusan, known as Mr. Latin.
According to Mr. Latin, the actress died on Tuesday night, January 5. She was 60.
The cause of her death wasn’t revealed.
Tunde Ola-Yusuff, another TAMPAN member Tunde Ola-Yusuff also stated that the actress “ left without a goodbye” in a post on social media.
“Really a shock on everyone Iya Oosa, may God rest your Soul among the righteous,” Tunde added.
The news of her death comes four months after her ex-husband, Jimoh Aliu, who was popularly known as Aworo, died.
Orisabunmi was well known from the 80s for her roles as a priestess. She played some iconic roles like ‘Asabi’ in “Oluwerimagboojo”, and the priestess in “Ayanmo Eda”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA