The Nigerian film industry is mourning the death of veteran Yoruba actress, Folake Aremu, popularly known as Orisabunmi.
Her death was confirmed by the President of the Theatre Arts And Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria (TAMPAN) Bolaji Amusan, known as Mr. Latin.
According to Mr. Latin, the actress died on Tuesday night, January 5. She was 60.
The cause of her death wasn’t revealed.
Tunde Ola-Yusuff, another TAMPAN member Tunde Ola-Yusuff also stated that the actress “ left without a goodbye” in a post on social media.
“Really a shock on everyone Iya Oosa, may God rest your Soul among the righteous,” Tunde added.
The news of her death comes four months after her ex-husband, Jimoh Aliu, who was popularly known as Aworo, died.
Orisabunmi was well known from the 80s for her roles as a priestess. She played some iconic roles like ‘Asabi’ in “Oluwerimagboojo”, and the priestess in “Ayanmo Eda”
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo