POS operator arrested for allegedly spending N280m error alert
A POS operator in Ilorin the Kwara State capital, Alfa Rafiu, has been arrested for allegedly squandering N280million mistakenly sent to his bank account.
The suspect resides in Akuji compound, Abayawo area Ilorin, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The suspect was nabbed by Policemen from Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (FCIID), Alagbon-Close, Ikoyi, Lagos.
Sources said: “Rafiu had suddenly gone on a spending spree after he received bank alerts in batches of several millions some weeks ago.
“But instead of him drawing the attention of the bank that mistakenly transferred the huge fund, he went on a speeding spree. Rafiu bought houses, cars and sponsored people to lesser Hajj. Although he was generous to several people in the community, some residents were surprised about his sudden wealth as a POS operator”, the sources stated.
The spokesman of Kwara State Police Command, Ajayi Okasanmi who confirmed the incident said, “his (Rafiu) arrest was effected by the Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (FCIID) from Alagbon-Close, Ikoyi, Lagos which makes it out of our jurisdiction.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje