Breaking……Australia announces Saturday as Eid Al-Fitr day
The Australian Fatwa Council has announced that
Saturday will be the first day of Eid Al-Fitr and the start of the month of Shawwal 1444/2023 adding that Friday, April 21, will be the last day of the month of Ramadan.
The statement released confirmed that after inquiries to local and international observatories in Sydney, Eid A-Fitr 2023 will be on Saturday, April 22, and the first day of the month of Shawwal 1444 AH.
“In Perth, Western Australia, the new moon of the month will be born on April 20, 2023, at 12.12 pm AWST, the sun sets on the same day at 5.50 pm while the moon will set at 5.54 pm, this is not a sufficient time to sight the new moon of the month of Shawwal on that night, Therefore, Friday, April 21, 2023, will be the last day of the Month of Ramadan 1444AH,” the Council adds.
Watch: UAE astronaut shares view of Makkah, Madinah from space on Shab-e-Qadr
It further explained that the method by which the Mufti of Australia and the Australian Fatwa Council determined the end of Ramzan, the first days of Shawwal and the day of Eid Al-Fitr, is based on the calculated birth of the moon before sunset, the duration of the moon setting after sunset and the possibility of seeing the moon. This is a method that has been adopted by many eminent and reputable global scholars councils.
“The Australian National Imams Council and the Australian Fatwa Council acknowledge, understand and respect imams and scholars who may have a different opinion, and ask all Muslims to respect the different opinions on this subject and work for the unity of the Muslim community in preserving the common values and interests they all share,” it said.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu swears in Akume as SGF
- Why we didn’t embark on strike over subsidy removal– NLC
- No-Man’s Land: Lagos to make laws toprotect indigenes
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa