He was aged 43 and survived by one wife and five children, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Emir Mu’azu died on Saturday midnight, according to Funakaye Emirate Council shortly after retiring to bed.
He will soon be buried after Zuhr prayer (2pm). Our correspondent gathered that sympathisers are presently full to the beam at the Emir’s palace to pay last respect to the monarch.
According to reports, the deceased’s last public appearance was on Saturday in Gombe, where he witnessed the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Pantami, flag off the distribution of food items to vulnerable groups.
He attended the opening ceremony of the newly constructed Kaltungo Central Mosque in the state’s Kaltungo LGA on Friday.
He also attended the commissioning of the phase I of the newly reconstructed Gombe-Yola Road in Kumo town of Akko LGA of the state.
He was said to have held a meeting with officials of Funakaye branch of the Jama’atul Izalatul Bidi’a Wa Ikamatis Sunnah (JIBWIS) at the palace until Magrib prayer, which he observed in congregation at the palace Mosque.
“He later retired to his bed, but around 12am the sad news was relayed to us about the deceased of the emir,” a palace source stated.
Late Mu’azu Kwairanga Mu’azu was appointed as the third Emir of Funakaye on June 2, 2021, 13 days after the demise of his elder brother, late Abubakar Muhammad Kwairanga.
Recall that the deceased’s elder brother died suddenly on May 20, 2021, few hours after complaining of illness.
Late Mu’azu Kwairanga a descendant of late Modibbo Bubayero, the founder of Gombe Emirate, was born on April 20, 1979 to late Muhammad Kwairanga Abubakar, the first Emir of Funakaye.
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000
- Samuel Eto’o attacks man outside stadium in Qatar