Senate has confirmed President Muhammadu Buhari’s nominees as Executive Commissioners of the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission, NUPRC.
The confirmation of the four nominees followed the consideration of a report by the Committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream), laid by Senator Patrick Akinyelure (PDP Ondo Central) during plenary.
Those confirmed include Dr. Nuhu Habib (North West – Kano State), Executive Commissioner, Development and Production; and Dr. Kelechi Onyekachi Ofoegbu (South-East, Imo State), Executive Commissioner, Economic Regulations and Strategic Planning.
Others are Capt. Tonlagha Roland John (South-South, Delta State), Executive Commissioner, Health, Safety, Environment and Community; and Mr. Jide Adeola (North-Central, Kogi State), Commissioner, Corporate Services and Administration.
Akinyelure, in a presentation on behalf of the committee chairman, Senator Albert Bassey Akpan (PDP Akwa-Ibom North East), said that the appointments of the nominees satisfy the requirements of Sections 11 and 18 (1-5) of the Petroleum Industry Act, 2021.
He stated that the nominees possess the requisite qualifications, leadership qualities and comportment to discharge the statutory duties and functions of the various offices.
Akinyelure disclosed that was no petition or adverse reports received by the panel against any one of the nominees.
He added that the nominees are qualified and suitable for the positions, describing them as “fit and proper persons”.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year