Senate has confirmed President Muhammadu Buhari’s nominees as Executive Commissioners of the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission, NUPRC.
The confirmation of the four nominees followed the consideration of a report by the Committee on Petroleum Resources (Upstream), laid by Senator Patrick Akinyelure (PDP Ondo Central) during plenary.
Those confirmed include Dr. Nuhu Habib (North West – Kano State), Executive Commissioner, Development and Production; and Dr. Kelechi Onyekachi Ofoegbu (South-East, Imo State), Executive Commissioner, Economic Regulations and Strategic Planning.
Others are Capt. Tonlagha Roland John (South-South, Delta State), Executive Commissioner, Health, Safety, Environment and Community; and Mr. Jide Adeola (North-Central, Kogi State), Commissioner, Corporate Services and Administration.
Akinyelure, in a presentation on behalf of the committee chairman, Senator Albert Bassey Akpan (PDP Akwa-Ibom North East), said that the appointments of the nominees satisfy the requirements of Sections 11 and 18 (1-5) of the Petroleum Industry Act, 2021.
He stated that the nominees possess the requisite qualifications, leadership qualities and comportment to discharge the statutory duties and functions of the various offices.
Akinyelure disclosed that was no petition or adverse reports received by the panel against any one of the nominees.
He added that the nominees are qualified and suitable for the positions, describing them as “fit and proper persons”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates