Sensitive election materials arrive Enugu, INEC confirms
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says sensitive election materials have arrived in Enugu, ahead of the Feb. 25 Presidential and National Assembly elections.
Mr Rex Achumie, the INEC Head of Department, Voter Education and Publicity (VEP) in Enugu State, confirmed to NAN in Enugu on Tuesday.
Achumie said “INEC top officials have gone to inspect sensitive materials received at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Enugu branch.
“Just this morning, we went to CBN, Enugu branch, to confirm receipt of sensitive materials, especially the election result sheets.
“However, INEC will be distributing the result sheets in full glare of heads of security agencies, political parties, media, observers and
other stakeholders on Thursday, Feb. 23, from the CBN.”
Meanwhile, NAN correspondent observed the arrival of 1088 cartons containing the Bi-Modal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS) machine at INEC state headquarters in Enugu.
Each of the cartons has four BVAS machines, totalling 4,352 for the state.
The BVAS machines would be deployed to the 4,145 polling units across 260 Registration Area Centres and 17 council areas of the
Nigerians would head to the polls for Presidential and National Assembly elections on Feb. 25, while governorship and state assembly elections would hold on March 11, 2023.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- CBN releases cash, orders banks to operate on weekends
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents