The Governor made the appeal at a breakfast meeting held yesterday in Ilorin with High Net Individuals (HNI) and Corporate Organizations organized by the state Internal Revenue Service.
He said tax payment is compulsory for the attainment of socio – economic and infrastructural development of the state stating that businessmen and other corporate organizations in the state should submit themselves to Tax Audit Management Agencies.
While tasking the HNI and other corporate organizations to improve upon their corporate responsibilities and proper documentation for easy tax collection process, he assured of judicious use of collected revenues for masses oriented projects and programmes.
Earlier, the Executive Chairman of the State Internal Revenue Services, Dr Murtala Awodun said last year, the service( KWIRS) generated over N 17billion with a promise to continue to be efficient in tax collection process in the state.
Some speakers at the meeting were in agreement with the state Governor’s request on the need for prompt payment of tax but requested government intervention on the mode of operation of KWIRS staff and utilization of revenue for the public good.
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo
- Gov. Oyetola signs N138bn Budget into law