In a statement signed by the university’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr Kunle Akogun, the vice-chancellor thanked the Almighty Allah for gifting Nigeria with such a remarkable citizen and also granting Gambari the privileges to be healthy and active in the services of his fatherland.
Egbewole described the former Minister of External Affairs as “an outstanding scholar, a seasoned diplomat and an exemplary global citizen who deserved to be celebrated for his enormous sterling contributions to national development and global peace”.
He said that Unilorin was delighted to be associated with a man of Gambari’s calibre.
He pointed out that the institution would remain grateful to the Chief of Staff for his undying interest in the development of the school.
The vice-chancellor recalled that apart from being a distinguished son of the university host community, Gambari previously served as the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council, Bayero University, Kano.
He added that the Chief of Staff had equally proven to be a friend of the University of Ilorin.
”Gambari is an enduring friend of the university, and has equally honoured the institution on many occasions during which he presented thought-provoking lectures on issues of local and global significance,” Egbewole said.
He further said that the entire staff and students of the institution see Gambari as a shinning model in citizenship, scholarship and leadership.
He however enjoined the renowned diplomat to continue to avail the younger ones the wisdom and other qualities that saw him to the pinnacle of his career and endeared him to members of the international community.
The vice-chancellor prayed Allah to grant Gambari good health and other wherewithal he would need to enable him continue to serve the nation and humanity.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,0000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud