Wike votes, decries voter apathy
Gov. Nyesom Wike of Rivers has expressed concern over the low turnout of voters during the Saturday Governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state.
The governor decried the situation while casting his vote at Ward 9, Unit 7, Obio/Akpor at 11.10a.m.
Wike attributed it to the disappointing performance of INEC during the Feb. 28 Presidential and National Assembly elections.
“The first election came and people didn’t get what they wanted; obviously they are discouraged and it is expected.
“But for whatever it is, it is still okay. You can’t force people to go and vote. But I am happy with the way it is going. The security agents are doing what they are supposed to do,” he said.
Aparthy greated the governorship and house of assembly elections in the state despite the early arrival of electoral materials and INEC officials at the polling units.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG