Yobe government on Monday said it has offered scholarship and automatic employment to Usman Dagona, an indigene of the state who came first at the Nov. 23 Imagine National Chemistry Competition in Abuja.
Alhaji Audu Galadima, Director, Schools Services, state Ministry for Basic and Secondary Education, disclosed this in a statement in Damaturu.
Dagona, a 2018 National Certificate in Education (NCE) graduate from Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua, Yobe, beat 1,749 others to emerge winner.
Dagona, however, came second when he represented Nigeria at the Imagine Chemistry International Akzo Nobel Competition 2020/2021 held in the Netherlands.
“In this competition, he progressed to the third round after coming second to Prof. Adalet Adam of Turkey, with Nicolos Matreo of Argentina, a Masters Degree Holder, taking third position.
“As appreciation to this wonderful performance, Yobe State government under the able leadership of Gov. Mai Mala-Buni, has granted him approval for further studies on in-service training to any university of his choice.
“By this approval, the Yobe State government has waived the two years mandatory service after employment before one enjoys such training.
“Usman Dagona’s appointment letter was handed to him by Baba Ali-Maidala, the Executive Chairman, Yobe State Teaching Service Board, Damaturu, in his office recently,” the statement said.
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue