Some leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the South West have disagreed with Sunday Adeyemo (Sunday Igboho) on his call for the Yoruba nation.
The leaders include Bola Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Segun Osoba, Governors Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos), Dapo Abiodun (Ogun), Gboyega Oyetola (Osun), Speaker, House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila.
The leaders met on Sunday at the Government House, Marina, Lagos to deliberate on issues of insecurity facing the region and Nigeria at large, Gov Abiodun had said.
A statement released after the meeting informed that the APC leaders expressed “strong opposition to separatist agitations and hate speeches.”
Sunday Igboho has been a leading voice on the agitation for the Oduduwa Republic, as he led his teeming supporters to Akure, the Ondo State capital on Saturday for a rally.
Recall also that Igboho had been criticised on many occasions for making inciting comments against perceived enemies of his struggle for the Yoruba nation.
The APC leaders, making a veiled reference to Sunday Igboho and his co-travellers, urged “those indulging in separatist agitations to desist forthwith,” asking them to “renew their belief in the unity, stability and sustainability of the country.”
In a statement on his verified Facebook page, Gov Abiodun said, “Resolutions reached at the crucial meeting expressed reservations on separatist agitations, solicited sustained provision of expenditure to the Nigerian Army, sought true federalism for even development, and endorsed the resolutions of the May 11 Southern Governors Summit held in Asaba.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections