No fewer than 17 people have been confirmed dead in an accident on Mai’adua-Shargalle Road in Mashi Local Government Area (LGA) off Katsina state.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Gambo Isah, on Monday in Katsina.
He said that the accident, which involved an articulated vehicle with registration number XE 611 KTN, occurred at Yardudu Village in Mashi LGA.
Isah added that the vehicle from Mai’adua LGA, was loaded with cows and passengers going to Lagos.
He said the accident occurred when the carrier attached to the vehicle was detached causing it to fall off a bridge thereby killing the passengers and animals.
The police spokesman said that 17 persons were confirmed dead at the Primary Health Centre, Mashi, while 14 others sustained various degrees of injuries.
Isah added that the Commissioner of Police, Mr Sanusi Buba, commiserated with residents of the state over the incident.
According to him, the commissioner had already summoned a meeting with relevant stakeholders in the transport industry on how to avert future occurrence.
- Ogun govt closes land borders for 2weeks
- BREAKING…. Coronavirus cases jump to 97 in Nigeria
- Coronavirus: El-Rufai’s wife sends message to Nigerians as husband tests positive
- BREAKING…. Gov. El-Rufai tests positive for coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Tinubu urges Buhari govt to print more Naira notes
- Covid-19: Gombe reverse to N18,000 minimum wage for workers
- BREAKING….. Coronavirus pandemic hits 89 in Nigeria
- Covid-19: Kwara police releases reports on restriction order
- Lawan greets Asiwaju Tinubu @68
- Coronavirus: Two cases confirmed, Enugu ordered lockdown of land borders, others
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics9 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen