No fewer than 17 people have been confirmed dead in an accident on Mai’adua-Shargalle Road in Mashi Local Government Area (LGA) off Katsina state.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Gambo Isah, on Monday in Katsina.
He said that the accident, which involved an articulated vehicle with registration number XE 611 KTN, occurred at Yardudu Village in Mashi LGA.
Isah added that the vehicle from Mai’adua LGA, was loaded with cows and passengers going to Lagos.
He said the accident occurred when the carrier attached to the vehicle was detached causing it to fall off a bridge thereby killing the passengers and animals.
The police spokesman said that 17 persons were confirmed dead at the Primary Health Centre, Mashi, while 14 others sustained various degrees of injuries.
Isah added that the Commissioner of Police, Mr Sanusi Buba, commiserated with residents of the state over the incident.
According to him, the commissioner had already summoned a meeting with relevant stakeholders in the transport industry on how to avert future occurrence.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC