European Union Election Observer Mission to Nigeria, will today (Tuesday) in Abuja present its final report on the 2019 general elections and recommendations to the Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan.
The EU Mission in a letter dated June 14, 2019 and addressed to the Senate President, stated that the presentation will be made by 12:30 pm at the Conference Room of the Senate wing of National Assembly.
The letter signed by Kentil karlsen and titled: “Presentation of final report and recommendations of the EU Election Observation Mission on Tuesday, 18th June, 2019”, also congratulates Lawan on his election as the President of the 9th Senate.
It reads: “On behalf of the Delegation of the European Union to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and to the Economic Community of West African States, I write to congratulate you on your election as the President of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“I would like to use this opportunity to request a meeting for the European Union Election Observation Mission to the recent general elections.
“The EOM is back in Nigeria for the purpose of presenting the final report and recommendations arising from the general elections. I have the honour of proposing the meeting on Tuesday, 18thJune, 2019.
“The purpose of the meeting would be to present a copy of the report and recommendations of the EU Observer Mission to you as we work with Nigerian authorities and all stakeholders to begin a conversation on how to continue to improve electoral administration in Nigeria.
“We also look to use the opportunity to begin to engage with your good self and offices on the wider EU support to the National Assembly on a range of issues including but not limited to institutional building.
“We are mindful that our letter has not made provision alternative timings and dates. This is because the Mission has planned many meetings and activities, and plans to return to Europe on June 20. We therefore plead for your indulgence”.
- Civil Defense Receives Bags Of Rice As Palliative In Kwara
- Customs CG begins sales of seized food items in Lagos
- Why FG Created Ministry of Marine & Blue Economy– Perm Sec.
- Death of Dep. DOP Nathaniel shocking, sad—Kwara Gov
- Correpondents’ Chapel Commiserates with Kwara Governor, NUJ Over Demise Of Dep. DOP
- NPF Forge Ties With NITDA On Digital Literacy
- NAMA Strengthens Partnership with Nigerian Air Force For Airspace Safety
- KWSG Donates Mattresses to NYSC Camp
- DISCLAIMER: MISSING PERSON NOT KWASU STUDENT
- Senators reject service extension for NASS clerk, others