Ahead of the 2019 general elections, the Kwara State Government has established a Joint Security Task Force headed by the Nigerian Army to check political violence before, during and after the general elections in the state.
The State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed disclosed this on Monday at Agbaji Quarter in Ilorin when he led other members of the State Security Council to assess the extent of the damage during Sunday’s political violence in the area.
Governor Ahmed described the incident as unacceptable and a clear case of criminality which shows a complete degeneration of political values the state is known for.
The governor who had earlier presided over the State Security Council meeting promised that all the culprits would be identified and brought to book to forestall reoccurrence.
Dr Ahmed assured the people that the government and security agencies would ensure adequate protection of lives and property during the electioneering period.
The State Security Council meeting was also attended by the Deputy Governor, Elder Peter Kisira, Secretary to the State Governor, Alhaji Isiaka Gold, Emir of Ilorin, His Royal Highness, Dr. Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, Commissioner of Police, State Director, DSS, representative of the Brigade Commander, heads of the Navy, Airforce and Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps.
- BREAKING…. Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia
- SAD… Reinhard Bonnke dies at 79
- Bureau of statistics releases new corruption rate ratio in Nigeria
- BREAKING…. Court sentences two ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ boys to 6months jailterm in Ilorin
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems
- When will Gov. Abdulrazaq present 2020 budget?
- Senate to IGP: Reduce checkpoints on federal highways