Ahead of the 2019 general elections, the Kwara State Government has established a Joint Security Task Force headed by the Nigerian Army to check political violence before, during and after the general elections in the state.
The State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed disclosed this on Monday at Agbaji Quarter in Ilorin when he led other members of the State Security Council to assess the extent of the damage during Sunday’s political violence in the area.
Governor Ahmed described the incident as unacceptable and a clear case of criminality which shows a complete degeneration of political values the state is known for.
The governor who had earlier presided over the State Security Council meeting promised that all the culprits would be identified and brought to book to forestall reoccurrence.
Dr Ahmed assured the people that the government and security agencies would ensure adequate protection of lives and property during the electioneering period.
The State Security Council meeting was also attended by the Deputy Governor, Elder Peter Kisira, Secretary to the State Governor, Alhaji Isiaka Gold, Emir of Ilorin, His Royal Highness, Dr. Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, Commissioner of Police, State Director, DSS, representative of the Brigade Commander, heads of the Navy, Airforce and Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State