Spokesman for the Federal Road Safety Corps, Mr Bisi Kazeem, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Abuja on Friday.
Kazeem said the accident occurred at about 8pm at Km 95 around the Elebolo Quary Area on the Ibadan axis of the road.
According to him, 10 other persons were injured in the crash involving 40 persons and two Mazda buses.
“The crash occurred at a construction site, and it resulted from route and speed violations.
“This has further underscored the Corps Marshal, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi’s advice to motorists to avoid night journeys, be careful around construction sites and drive within approved speed limits,” he said.
Kazeem said rescue operations by the FRSC officials, who arrived at the scene minutes after the incident, ended at 2:42am on Friday.
He disclosed that the corpses were deposited at Adeoyo Yemetu Hospital mortuary, Ibadan.
The injured were taken to the University College Hospital, Ibadan, and Adeoyo Yemetu Hospital, he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory