A 40-year-old man, Yahaya Idris, has landed in prison for allegedly raping and impregnating his neighbor’s 15-year-old daughter.
Hajiya Falile Dikko of the Katsina State Senior Magistrates’ Court on Thursday directed that Idris should be remanded in the prison custody till November 6, 2017 when his case would come up for mention.
The prosecuting counsel for the police, Inspector Sani Ado, had told the court that Idris resided in the same house with the victim’s father, Lawal Abubakar, at Gawa Village in the Bindawa Local Government Area of the state where the offence was allegedly committed.
Ado said Abubakar reported the incident to Read also: ACP kidnappers demand N30m ransom for release the police on September 23, prompting Idris’ arrest.
The prosecutor said by deceiving and raping the victim, who ended up being impregnated, Idris “committed an offence contrary to Section 283 of the Penal Code.” Read also: Man bags 14yrs jail-term for ritual attempt
The prosecutor however said investigation into the incident was in progress and requested for an adjournment.
The magistrate told Idris that the offence he was accused of was only triable at the high court, adding that he was only arraigned before the Magistrates’ Court “for cognisance purpose.”
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum