It was gathered that the suspected kidnapper was among the suspects presented on Monday at the Police Command Headquarters in Eleyele, Ibadan.
Other suspects were also presented by the command for various offences ranging from kidnapping, car theft and armed robbery, among others.
The Commissioner of Police in the state, Mrs Ngozi Onadeko, said the arrests were achieved through the command’s purpose-driven intelligence and the gallantry of the officers.
Onadeko said that the command had waged war against any form of criminality in the state through sophisticated mechanisms and the deployment of more arms and ammunitions.
She,however, warned criminally minded individuals to leave Oyo State or face the unpalatable consequences.
Onadeko urged the people of the state not to relent in providing useful information that would assist the command in further nipping crimes in the bud.
In an interview with one of the suspected kidnappers, he said that they did it to have money.
He said that they collected over N3 million as ransom from the relatives of the victim before releasing her after eight days in captivity.
NAN reports that exhibits recovered from the suspects included two motorcycles, three vehicles, charms, mobile phones, jewellery, an axe and a machete, among others.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport