Facts have emerged that Chinese government may have decided not to host Africans in their country again, the chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, NIDCOM, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has said.
Dabiri-Erewa reacted to the treatment meted out to Nigerians living in China.
According to her, the treatment which is also suffered by other Africans shows that the Chinese don’t want them in their country.
Abike Dabiri-Erewa disclosed this while having a town hall meeting with Nigerians in America held via Zoom.
“I will be very realistic with the issue of Africans in China…what I am seeing is that they don’t want Africans in China. Some businessmen are stranded there but when you want to your home, they don’t allow you. In China, if you don’t have a residence, you can’t get a permit,” she said.
The NIDCOM boss further advised Nigerians in China to stay away from trouble and obey the laws of the Chinese government.
“We need to build a world of peace and love. There has to be reciprocity: Respect me and I respect you, treat me well and I treat you well. They should demand their right and obey their laws too but the laws should not be discriminatory,” Dabiri-Erewa added.
- Court dismisses suit seeking Buhari’s removal from office
- Why there is hunger, poverty in Bauchi State— Ex-CAS, Sadique
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60