Adamawa State Government has proposed the sum of N16.2 billion for urban and rural road projects in the 2021 fiscal year.
Gov. Ahmadu Fintiri made the disclosure during presentation of the 2021 budget at the state House of Assembly on Monday.
He said that the importance of good road networks in the economic development of state could not be over emphasised.
“The present outcry of our people for improved road networks in the urban centres and link roads in rural areas to facilitate easy movement of both human and farm produce is justified.
“Government will invest substantially in maintaining and upgrading the standard of the roads in 2021.
“ To make a significant intervention in this sub-sector, government has proposed to spend N16,002 billion on urban and rural roads,” he said.
According to him, government has carried out construction of some new urban roads and flyovers to urbanise the city in the year.
He said that government also made some progress in the rehabilitation of some road networks in Jimeta, Yola, Jada, Numan, Hong, MIchika, Madagali and other Local Government Areas of the state.
Fintiri stated that the ongoing projects, when completed, would ease traffic congestion and beautify the state capital.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Fintiri presented a N140 billion ‘Budget of Stabilisation’ for the 2021 fiscal year to the assembly for consideration and passage.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal