Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
Aggrieved parties have so far filed 25 petitions before the Lagos State National and State House of Assembly Election Petition Tribunal.
The petitions were pasted on the wall of the Rosaline Omotosho Courthouse Ikeja, venue of the tribunal sitting.
In one of the petitions, the candidates of the Labour Party for Federal House of Assembly in about seven constituency in Lagos are challenging the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), All Progressive Congress (APC) and the declared winner of each constituency.
The candidates in their various constituency are challenging the winner of Oshodi Isolo, Kosofe , Lagos Mainland, Surulere, Shomolu, Mushin and Ikorodu.
In their petitions filed by their counsel, Wakeel Olawale-Liady, the petitioners are challenging the INEC for non- compliance with the provision of Electoral Act 2022.
They alleged that INEC unlawfully excluded them from the election held on February 25 for the National Assembly, House of Representatives.
However, in the petition filed by Mr Adeola Adebanjo and the Labour Party against the Speaker, House of Representatives, Femi Gbajaabiamila, the petitioner alleged that INEC failed to comply with the provisions of the law.
For Ikeja Federal Constituency, Mutiu Okunola and his party (LP) are challenging the declaration of James Faleke as winner of the election on the grounds that the election was invalid for non-compliance with the provision of the Act.
He prayed the court for a declaration that the election conducted by INEC in respect of the constituency seat held on Feb. 25, was marred by substantial irregularities and non-compliance with the provision of the Electoral Act and guidelines.
He also prayed the court to nullify the election and order a fresh one.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate