According to the approval by the Federal government, the national carrier would begin operations with domestic routes with the aircraft to be procured from Airbus and Boeing.
Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, disclosed this while briefing journalists after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Sirika in a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Public Affairs, James Odaudu ,
announced that the airline would begin with domestic routes, then expands to regional and intercontinental routes. He was not specific with the actual date for the take-off of the airline operations.
On the likely date for the commencement of operations Sirika said “We will announce commencement soon.”
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated