A governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress, (APC),governorship aspirant in Plateau, Mr Yohanna Margif, has opted out of the race and resigned his membership of the party.
Margif announced his decision to leave the party in a letter addresssed to the Chairman of the party in Margif-Kopmur Ward, Mushere in Bokkos Local Government Area of the the state.
The letter dated May 17, was made available to newsmen on Wednesday in Jos.
Margif, who didn’t state his next line of action, also copied the chairman of the party in the local government and the state.
The former aspirant cited the lack of internal democracy, impunity and imposition of unpopular candidates as part of his reasons for dumping the party.
”As a philanthropist, the money I paid to purchase my nomination form should be used as my contribution to advance the course of democracy in Plateau, Nigeria and Africa at large,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Margif’s decision is coming two days after the APC concluded the screening of aspirants ahead of the forthcoming primaries. (NAN)
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ