Bolaji Haruna, an artiste, on Saturday, has appealed to the federal government to help artistes access the Creative Industry Finance Initiative (CIFI).
Haruna, popularly known as “Maturedmind,” told ROYAL NEWS that the funds established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), though laudable, was not easily accessed and as such not effective.
He said the funds, if accessed, could give the creative and entertainment industry a boost.
NAN reports that the CIFI is a loan scheme developed by the CBN to provide access to long-term and low-interest financing for entrepreneurs in the creative industry.
‘’To be honest, the most challenging part is funds as we have a lot of exceptional upcoming artistes but there is very little they can achieve in our society due to paucity of funds.
‘’In fact without funds your dream of becoming an artiste is dead on arrival, because everything revolves around funds.
“Ranging from booking a studio, recruiting a producer, recruiting a manager, promoting your songs through electronic and print channels to getting slots for shows and others.
‘’I think the government needs to do more in subsidising the entertainment industry because if such subsidy is in place, it will enable artistes do all listed above,” he said.
According to him, with more funds Nigerian artistes will be celebrated more than they are presently because talents abound in the country.
Haruan, however, pleaded that all entrepreneurs in the creative industry should be given equal access to the CIFI by the CBN.
ROYAL NEWS also reports that Haruan has an album titled “Destined for the Top,” and is currently promoting his single titled, “One more Night.”
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC