The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara, Razak Atunwa, has pledged to accept the outcome of Saturday’s governorship election if it was devoid of irregularities.
Atunwa, who is currently representing llorin West/Asa Federal constituency in the House of representatives, made the pledge while speaking with journalists after casting his vote at Efue-Berikodo in Asa Local Government Area of the state.
The PDP flagbearer, who was a former Speaker of the Kwara House of Assembly, said nothing was wrong in accepting the result of a free, fair and accurate poll that could stand the test of time.
“As a true democrat, l am fully ready to accept the outcome of the governorship election if it does not involve irregularities and other electoral malpractice, ‘’ he said.
Atunwa also urged other contestants to accept the outcome of the poll as an act of God and seek redress in the law court if they were dissatisfied.
He further urged the electorate and supporters of political parties to shun negative tendencies that could mar the election which he described as peaceful and witnessed an impressive turnout.
He commended lNEC for ensuring prompt arrival of election materials, saying this led to a successful conduct of the elections.
The elections were conducted under a peaceful atmosphere in the over 50 polling units visited in some parts of llorin and Asa local government area of the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal