A 20-year-old bartender, Joshua Toryile, on Tuesday appeared in an Ikeja Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court, for allegedly raping a 22-year-old unconscious woman (name withheld).
The police charged Toryile with two counts of conspiracy and rape.
The lead state prosecutor, Mr Peter Owolabani, alleged that Toryile committed the offence alongside an accomplice, who is at large, at 2 a.m on Oct. 2, 2019, at No. 1, Professor Olagoke Olabisi St., Lekki, Lagos.
He alleged that the complainant, who is also the victim, who works as a housekeeper, attended a party and had become very drunk.
“She was taken to her brother’s home to regain consciousness . The defendant and his accomplice took advantage of the situation and raped her,” Owolabani said.
The prosecution said the complainant’s brother caught the defendant and the accomplice in the act.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 260 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.
Justice Abiola Soladoye adjourned the case until Nov. 12 for trial.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment