Bartender in court for allegedly raping unconscious woman
A 20-year-old bartender, Joshua Toryile, on Tuesday appeared in an Ikeja Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court, for allegedly raping a 22-year-old unconscious woman (name withheld).
The police charged Toryile with two counts of conspiracy and rape.
The lead state prosecutor, Mr Peter Owolabani, alleged that Toryile committed the offence alongside an accomplice, who is at large, at 2 a.m on Oct. 2, 2019, at No. 1, Professor Olagoke Olabisi St., Lekki, Lagos.
He alleged that the complainant, who is also the victim, who works as a housekeeper, attended a party and had become very drunk.
“She was taken to her brother’s home to regain consciousness . The defendant and his accomplice took advantage of the situation and raped her,” Owolabani said.
The prosecution said the complainant’s brother caught the defendant and the accomplice in the act.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 260 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.
Justice Abiola Soladoye adjourned the case until Nov. 12 for trial.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides