Bauchi State Independent Electoral Commission (BASIEC), said on Monday that it had extended the conduct of party primaries by five days.
A statement signed by Mohammed Umar, for chairman of the Commission and made available to newsmen in Bauchi, said the extension was to enable all the political parties to complete their processes.
The statement said that the commission had earlier approved Aug. 3, to Aug. 17, for the conduct of party primaries by political parties for the forthcoming election into Local government councils slated for Oct. 17, 2020.
“In the light of the earlier approval, I am directed to inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances, the conduct of all party primaries has been extended by five days to enable parties to complete their processes.
“To this end, all party primaries should be concluded on or before Saturday Aug. 22, 2020 unfailingly.
“However, those that have completed their primaries will forward the names of their nominated candidates to the commission,” the statement said.
It said that the commission regreted any inconveniences the extension might have caused the parties and thanked the parties for continued cooperation and understanding.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note