The 2020 Judiciary Games will likely hold on a yet to be determined date in November in Bauchi, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.
Ndili said Kogi and Bayelsa States have been placed on standby in case Bauchi State failed to meet up with preparations.
“COVID-19 pandemic is ravaging the world and we are trying to marshal out a format for the games; we are planning on non contact games for 2020 depending on what the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 says.
“The PTF are yet to approve contact sports; if they lift ban on contact sports, then, we will include them because football is the king of sports, we want to have football.
“We hope to have our games this year in late November, tentatively in Bauchi, while Kogi and Bayelsa States are on standby,”he said.
According to Ndili, North Central, South East, South South and South West states are participating in the judiciary games, while efforts are ongoing to make North East and North West active.
He noted that the judiciary games had come to stay following the massive supports of a former and current Chief Justice of Nigeria.
The NASAJ president said the support from the judiciary authorities led to the superlative performance of the Supreme Court FC in the Nigeria National League.
“We have our own staff members playing for the Supreme Court FC,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal