By Aboje Anefu, Makurdi
A pastor of Jesus Prophetic and Apostolic Church, North Bank, Makurdi, Benue State, Steven Orhena, his son and five other passengers on board Benue Links going to Lagos have been reportedly abducted between Kabba, Kogi State and Ayere, Ondo State on Tuesday at about 3:pm.
Wife of Pastor Orhena, Hannah, told reporters on phone on Thursday that the abductors called her Wednesday night between 10:pm and 11pm and demanded N5m, but when she negotiated to pay N500,000 they refused.
She said the abductors asked her to get someone who could speak Hausa, adding that she spoke to her husband and son.
“They told me that they came from Zamfara and have a boss in Abuja. I only negotiated for my family; everybody to himself.
“My husband is pastor at Jesus Prophetical and Apostolic Church, aka Jesus Family located at North Bank,” she stressed.
Recall that last week, six passengers who were traveling in Benue Links to Lagos were also abducted by gunmen in Kogi State.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated