The food items, provided by the Federal Government, are to reduce the harsh effect of the Boko Haram insurgency.
While inaugurating the food distribution project, Governor Shettima, also inspected various ongoing projects in the health and education sectors in the local government areas.
The troops of the the Multi national joint task force in Baga, who are engaged in fighting the Boko Haram insurgents around the Lake Chad general area, were also visited by he Governor.
Governor Shettima guaranteed the displaced persons in Baga, of Borno government’s efforts in ending the Boko Haram catastrophe. He also assured them that their wellfare remained a priority in his administration’s goal.
Shettima also enjoined the internally displaced persons to continue to pray for the state and northeast in general, stressing that, “prayer is the weapon that can help our gallant soldiers to have total victory over the insurgents.”
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector