The Federal Government has approved the $5.3bn Ibadan to Kano standard guage rail project.
Disclosing this on Thursday in Lagos during the 3rd Maritime Stakeholders Intaractive Forum, the Honourable Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, revealed that the Minister of State for Transportation , Gbemisola Saraki will personally be in charge of all maritime agencies while he will be focusing on the Railway sector.
According to him, “In my first term as Minister, I have completely abandoned the maritime sector to the Heads of agencies.
This time around, that won’t be happening again as I have instructed that the Honourable Minister of Transportation for State should personally supervise the maritime agencies, while I just oversight what is happening.
“There are two things I discussed with Mr. President that I will be focusing on in this second term as Minister, and they are maritime security and the Single Window project. I have assured government that by the end of 2020, we should have the Single Window at our maritime sector.
“Just yesterday, we got approval to complete the $5.3bn Ibadan to Kano rail project. We have also applied for funding to commence coastal rail for the Port-Harcourt to Warri segment.
“On maritime security, I have told the Israeli firm HSLI that they are too slow. By now, they should have launched. I want to know the situation of things with the aspect of security on our maritime space.”
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000