Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, the Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, and the Chairman of Caverton Offshore Support Group, Mr. Aderemi Makanjuola, have scaped death in the hands of some suspected hoodlums who attacked them on Saturday.
Sources revealed that the trio were driving into the Iyamho residence of National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole shortly after attending the first convocation ceremony of the Edo University, Iyamho.
Makanjuola was installed Chancellor of the institution at the ceremony.
Police sources said they were invited for lunch by Oshiomhole but were attacked by suspected thugs.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants